“Santa Caterina” pictured at Harvey Eastwoods yard at Brundall in the late 1960s. Coldham Hall can be seen in the background.
The River Yare and riverside stores at Brundall - 1960s.
Brundall Staithe and riverside stores c1970s.
Another postcard of Brundall from the 1970s.
An image taken near High Noon at Braydeston c1905.
The Street at Brundall c1905. The Dutch influenced house in the foreground is now called The Gables, but used to be called Braydeston Villa and was built in the late 17th century.
Posted in 1925, this scene shows a passenger steamer at Brundall Reach - possibly the “Pride Of The Yare”
Saling on the River Yare at Brundall c1930.
The River yare at Brundall c1950. The boatshed that you can see in the centre of the photograph was part of Brooms boatyard.
Coldham Hall pictured in the 1950s.
The landing stage and tearooms at Brundall Gardens c1920s - the passenger steamer is possibly the “Jenny Lind”. Brundall Gardens were created by Dr Michael Beverley in the 1880s and covered 18 acres, planted with many rare trees and shrubs. The estate was purchased by Frederick Holmes-Cooper in 1919 and he developed the gardens further during the 1920s, building the tea rooms pavilion where dances were also held, and the Riverside Hotel. As the owner of the Brundall Gardens Steamship Company he ran day trips from Great Yarmouth which brought thousands of visitors to the gardens by passenger steamer during the 1920s and 1930s. He also arranged for trains running on the Norwich to Yarmouth rail line to stop near to the gardens at Brundall Halt.