Ludham Bridge c1905 as one wherry has passed underneath, and another is moored nearby.
The view from Ludham Bridge c1950.
Another view of Ludham Bridge c1960 - this road bridge had replaced the original stone one pictured at the top of the page in 1915.
The current road bridge at Ludham pictured in the 1960s.
The River Ant from Ludham Bridge 1960s.
Ludham Bridge 1960s.
Another postcard of Ludham Bridge on the River Ant from the 1960s.
Ludham Bridge in the late 1960s/early 1970s.
The River Ant at Ludham Bridge in the late 1960s/early 1970s.
The River Ant above Ludham Bridge 1960s.
The River Ant at How Hill pictured in the 1970s.
A trading wherry moored at Ludham Bridge c1905. The old arch bridge had long been known as a serious hazard to navigation, restricting the size of vessel which could pass underneath and was often referred to as the “bung hole”. When tides were high, even the trading wherries which regularly made there way up the Ant to Stalham and, at one time, North Walsham would have difficulty passing through.
Another postcard of Ludham Bridge c1905-1910.
Another view of Ludham Bridge c1905-1910 showing the old cottage which once stood on the northern bank, just downstream of the bridge.
Beaumont’s Mill on the River Ant pictured c1910. Ludham Bridge can be seen in the background. The mill was named after Charles Beaumont who ran the mill from somewhere around the time of the First World War up until at least the late 1930s. The mill was demolished during the 1960s.
Another view of Beaumont’s Mill c1910, taken from just below Ludham Bridge.
How Hill Staithe with Boardman’s Trestle Mill in the background, thought to be c1920s.
Ludham Bridge pictured in a postcard dating from 1935.
The Saddler’s shop at Ludham which was owned by Albert “Knacky” Knights, pictured c1970. The shop is now home to the Alfresco Tearooms.
Thiis card featuring Ludham Village was posted in 1973 but the photograph probably dates from the late 1960s. The Kings Arms pub can be seen on the right - the old post office in the background, and the shop seen on the corner of Yarmouth Road are both now private houses.